HI
The future in Live Tour Sound And PA lies with this horn:
The line array system used by almost evry one except Altec.
.................................................. .
HI
The future in Live Tour Sound And PA lies with this horn:
The line array system used by almost evry one except Altec.
.................................................. .

The line array will be obsolete eventually and replaced by something else. It is absolutely not the future.
It is the flavor of the month, by that I mean it's popular now.
But I'm sorry. a statement that it's the be-all and end all is just plain silly. Audio technology still has a long way to go.
The other statement is everybody uses that horn, which is not true at all. SIMILAR horns maybe.
Do you realize that basic horn design was abandoned years ago and brought back? Didn't think so.
Everybody uses it but Altec? How could Altec build a line array when they are shut down? Geez...
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Yeah, another one of those 'what was old is yet new again' concepts and having heard some of them as well as some of DSL's products, I believe the latter has far more chance of dominating the 'future' of both PA and at least high end HIFI/HT where SQ is preferred over a pretty 'face'.
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
I heard the future of P.A. is a surgically implanted "chip" in each audience member......
Being of "Sound" Mind

I want a line array with an Aphex on it for my new stereo....life isn't irritating enough.
Licorne wasn't it you who said we all needed to get Aphexes?
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Bookmarks